Interactive Practice from the Textbbok Site
Quizzes from the BBC
Funny Pages – Ratio
- Extreme BMX Backflip – Not wanting to be “average?” What percent of the attempts shown was the rider successful?
- TIM ATTEMPTS 54 TOPPINGS – Round up to 60 and work out the toppings / minute.
- Extreme Diet Coke & Mentos experiments – simplify the ratio of Mentos to Cokes.
Help Pages – Ratio
Funny Pages – Rates
- Slowest Growing Tree – if you grew this tall and started out at 3 kilograms, how big would you be this year?
- Fastest Glacier Doubles Speed – With the speed of 3.5 miles per year in 1992 and 7.8 miles in 2003, round up to the highest whole number, then figure out the percent (what out of 100) the speed increased in the 10 year period.
Distance, Speed and Time